Project Procurement Manager
14.02.2023 | Vacancies
Aquila Clean Energy is Aquila Group’s company responsible for the development and construction of the Solar PV and Wind portfolio in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece. The company develops currently more than 50 projects with over 2.6 GW of renewable power in the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal) and 30 more projects (around 1.5 GB) in Italy and Greece. As an independent investment fund manager, Aquila Capital is specialized in the investment and management of real assets and has been operating in the Iberian market since 2014.
The Spanish team is based in Madrid and comprises experts from the procurement, development, construction, and asset management areas, integrating strong technical background with Aquila Capital’s investment expertise.
For our office in Lisbon, we are looking for a Project Procurement Manager:
The Project Procurement Manager will be responsible for the country’s overall procurement process, including but not limited to RFIs to Contract Executions. In addition, you will support Global Category Managers for Modules/ Structures/ Inverters/ Transformers procurement and help execute procurement strategy at a country level.
- Establish a comprehensive project resource and mobilization plan - Produce a project procurement plan and strategy with project stakeholders
- Develop the commercial elements of the package including contract terms and conditions, remuneration strategies and lead the commercial evaluations through recommendation and contract awards
- Support achievement of functional and project performance/delivery targets including key contract award schedule and execution milestones
- Attend all Project Progress Meetings in order to identify the scope of procurement services required for the project and anticipate potential revisions - Review and approve purchase requisitions
- Timely plan and execute tendering projects or portfolio of projects in alignment with relevant stakeholders like legal, asset management and engineering to ensure best value for company
- Continuously scan the solar PV and Wind market in assigned country and provide regular intelligence to GCMs and HSCMs
- Monitors all equipment purchases to ensure purchase order information matches the shipment and Confirm subcontractor compliance and meets project requirements.
- Ensure that project costs are properly categorized and that a feedback loop mechanism is in place to compare and adjust estimating costs vs. actual project costs including, but not limited to production rates and cost of materials
- Responsible for purchase of material and services at or below estimate using procurement processes while maintaining consistency with schedule requirements
- Manage, evaluate and maintain local subcontractor and vendor pre-qualification database
- Provide accurate cost estimations to Business Development Teams
- Coordinate and manage one or more internal project teams/projects
- Manage Frame Agreements call-off and RFIs/RFQs with the support of Global Category Managers
- Support teams on supplier escalations with technical disputed items, schedule, revenue-risk and on-going support services
- Provide input to global category supply strategies by taking regional project execution requirement and set priorities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and execute negotiation strategies that include optimal targets for pricing, service, and quality
- Assist GCMs in floating RFP/RFQs, performs bid evaluations, negotiates prices and contracts to include price, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications, and other legal and commercial terms
- Manages purchase orders with the company’s accounting system and issues POs to suppliers and subcontractors with documentation upon approval
- Work with Quality, Health, Safety, Quality, and Environment (QHSE) function to provide input in evaluating subcontractors, implement safe practices, and mitigate safety risks
- Conduct shipment planning and expediting by utilizing logistics service providers and PSCMs
- BSc in Engineering or Supply Chain Management, an MSc or MBA is an advantage;
- Certification in Project Management or Procurement Management like CPM, CPSM, CSCP, CIPS are preferred;
- Extensive experience in procurement for project businesses - experience in Solar PV industry is big plus, especially in assigned region
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in global sourcing, sales, operations, procurement, project management minimum 7 years in similar position;
- Project management experience in utility-scale total of 200-1000MW, large projects, substations & high voltage and knowledge of contracts and subcontracts;
- Strong understanding of solar PV and Wind energy markets (suppliers, value chain and technologies) is essential;
- Knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts. Knowledge in commercial or legal aspects of purchasing;
- Ability to communicate with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment;
- Experience and understanding of international logistics processes, incoterms, and delivery management to remote project location;
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office tools;
- Willingness to travel up to 30% regionally.
- Fluent English and Spanish spoken and written;
The Aquila Group is a future-oriented company that combines focus, far-sightedness, ambition and independent entrepreneurial responsibility with team spirit and an outstanding corporate climate to create synergies. Combined with our employees' talents, these synergies are the key to the long-term success of our company.
This vacancy is perfect to you?
Send us your application online: