HSE Manager - Renewable Energy
13.03.2023 | Vacancies
Aquila Clean Energy is Aquila Group’s company responsible for the development and construction of the Solar PV and Wind portfolio in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece. The company develops currently more than 50 projects with over 2.6 GW of renewable power in the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal) and 30 more projects (around 1.5 GB) in Italy and Greece. As an independent investment fund manager, Aquila Capital is specialized in the investment and management of real assets and has been operating in the Iberian market since 2014.
The Spanish team is based in Madrid and comprises experts from the development, construction, and asset management areas, integrating strong technical background with Aquila Capital’s investment expertise.
For our office in Madrid, we are looking for a HSE Manager.
- Health and Safety tasks:
- Evaluate Health and Safety Plans of the projects in order to have the same base line over ACE portfolio and recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Manage all the H&S Coordinators of the projects (external and internal).
- Attend biweekly / monthly HSE meetings on site.
- Site Inspections to ensure that ACE is complying with the Health and Safety plans and legal guidelines.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Elaborate H&S guidelines for EPC Contracts.
- Promote HSE measures both with internal and also external stakeholders (i.e. service providers, committees, government agencies) and ensure their implementation.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Environmental tasks:
- Evaluate DIA and Environmental Plans of the projects in order to have the same base line over ACE portfolio and recommend new correction measures.
- Manage all the Environmental service providers of the projects.
- Attend monthly Environmental meetings on site.
- Inspect the Sites to ensure that we are complying with the Environmental plans and DIA guidelines.
- Investigate environmental incidents to discover causes and handle Authorities claims and fines.
- Mange the relationship with the environmental authorities (legal communications and meetings).
- Report on Environmental matters awareness, issues and statistics.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience HSE, preferably in the renewable energy sector.
- Degree as an engineer or environmental manager, qualified electrician or comparable training with the relevant additional qualification.
- Previous experience in setting up and implementing HSE projects.
- Experience in the PV Spanish market in real PV assets.
- Expertise in managing service partners and performing audits.
- Ability to lead complex projects across teams.
- Good communication skills in order to be able to work with technical managers, asset managers, authorities, etc.
- Fluent English level.
- Willingness to travel.
The Aquila Group is a future-oriented company that combines focus, far-sightedness, ambition and independent entrepreneurial responsibility with team spirit and an outstanding corporate climate to create synergies. Combined with our employees' talents, these synergies are the key to the long-term success of our company.
This vacancy is perfect to you?
Send us your application online: