PV Contracts Manager
27.04.2023 | Vacancies
Aquila Clean Energy is Aquila Group’s company responsible for the development and construction of the Solar PV and Wind portfolio in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece. The company develops currently more than 50 projects with over 2.6 GW of renewable power in the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal) and 30 more projects (around 1.5 GB) in Italy and Greece. As an independent investment fund manager, Aquila Capital is specialized in the investment and management of real assets and has been operating in the Iberian market since 2014.
The Spanish team is based in Madrid and comprises experts from the development, construction, and asset management areas, integrating strong technical background with Aquila Capital’s investment expertise.
For our office in Madrid, we are looking for a
PV Contracts (f/m/d) – Spain
The Contracts Manager will report to the Construction Director and be focusing on our assets that are in or nearing the construction phase in terms of contractual and legal aspects.
- Create and maintain relationships with contractors and serve as the singular point of contact for matters concerning contracts.
- Maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts and those in progress.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters.
- Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what is best for the company.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company itself.
- Support contract negotiations;
- Prepare the contract summary to be presented to management and follow up, informing the team on main contract risks;
- Analyse and measure the contract/ agreements risks versus the opportunities.
- Manage and supervise changes, variations and claims in EPC contracts;
- Manage the projects contract documentation and communications
- Review and evaluate EPC project proposals from a legal and commercial perspective, support qualifying and selecting contractors
- Meeting with contractors to represent the company’s requirements
- Support negotiating the terms of business contracts
- Dealing with any unexpected costs
- Attending site meetings if required
- Acting as the main point of contact for site and project managers and contractors in all EPC contract related matters
- Working with third parties to ensure and defend the company’s interest
- Making sure construction projects meet agreed contractual commitments
- Liaising with technical, legal teams and the contractor’s representatives
- University Degree or master’s degree in Engineering, Law or Business Administration
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Contracts Management (construction contracts, main equipment purchases or engineering contracts, preferentially on renewable energy projects, ideally within PV and/ or wind);
- Detailed understanding on current construction regulations;
- Knowledge of a project lifecycle as methods, processes, project management practices;
- Excellent language skills in English, Portuguese or Spanish skills are a big plus;
The Aquila Group is a future-oriented company that combines focus, far-sightedness, ambition and independent entrepreneurial responsibility with team spirit and an outstanding corporate climate to create synergies. Combined with our employees' talents, these synergies are the key to the long-term success of our company.
This vacancy is perfect to you?
Send us your application online: