Junior PV Construction Project Manager – Madrid
18.05.2023 | Vacancies
Aquila Clean Energy is Aquila Group’s company responsible for the development and construction of the Solar PV and Wind portfolio in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece. The company develops currently more than 50 projects with over 2.6 GW of renewable power in the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal) and 30 more projects (around 1.5 GB) in Italy and Greece. As an independent investment fund manager, Aquila Capital is specialized in the investment and management of real assets and has been operating in the Iberian market since 2014.
The Spanish team is based in Madrid and comprises experts from the development, construction, and asset management areas, integrating strong technical background with Aquila Capital’s investment expertise.
For our office in Madrid, we are looking for a
Junior PV Construction Project Manager - Madrid
The PV Project Manager will focus on the construction phase of the projects, mainly on the timeline, milestones, budget, quality, risks, and security of PV Renewable Energy projects:
- Management of the PV projects from RTB until COD.
- Manage all resources assigned to the projects (engineering, procurement, construction, finance control, legal, etc.), internal and external, in order to control and report its status and to ensure that the project meets the requirements and standards planned (technical, quality, HSE, risks, cost, and timeline).
- Manage the EPC Contracts, including the EPC Contractors and external providers.
- Manage the relationships with the stakeholders of the projects (Authorities, Townhalls, landowners, REE, etc.) in order to obtain all the necessary permits to connect the plant.
- Provide support to the Development Department to achieve RTB status and Asset Management (O&M) for the handover of the plants.
- Provide support to the Technical department to optimize the layout and specifications of the plants, and to ensure that the progress of the works comply with these requirements and standards.
- Provide support to the Procurement department to define the procurement strategy of the project, and to select the providers (EPC/BOS Contractor, equipment suppliers, HV suppliers, Owner’s engineering, Construction supervision, Health and Safety coordinator, etc.).
- Identify, implement and monitor improvement and/or corrective actions throughout project management (risks, schedule, scope, cost, quality, safety).
- Permanent and directly communication and report to upper management (Construction Director).
- Lead and report weekly & monthly meetings with the stakeholders of the project (EPC Contractor, Engineering, etc.) with particular focus on tasks progress, milestones, risks, action plans and contractual issues.
- Know and apply policies and procedures of Aquila Capital.
- Provide Construction expertise and ability to solve unexpected technical and commercial difficulties.
- Higher Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial / Energy Engineering or similar.
- PMI is a preferable complementary training.
- Between 1-3 years of experience, with a track record as Project Manager in Energy projects (ideally in PV Plants and Interconnection Facilities).
- High level of English (other languages are valuable)
The Aquila Group is a future-oriented company that combines focus, far-sightedness, ambition and independent entrepreneurial responsibility with team spirit and an outstanding corporate climate to create synergies. Combined with our employees' talents, these synergies are the key to the long-term success of our company.
This vacancy is perfect to you?
Send us your application online: