The photovoltaic plant EGA comprises around 72,380 solar modules across an area of 69 ha with a total installed capacity of approximately 30 MW.
Due to its environmentally conscious layout EGA perfectly fits in the natural landscape of the Almería region.
Integrated sustainability practices at EGA project focus on biodiversity, landscape integration, social aspects and archaeological and cultural heritage.
Measures taken within our sustainability framework of the project include for example:
- Landscape integration, improving the position of some elements, optimising their functionality and making them compatible with the structures;
- Planting of 711 metre barrier with native species;
- Restoration of the right bank of the Lucainena wadi by using scrubland;
- Fast revegetation of the land after the earthworks;
- Proper topsoil management aiming at grassland enhancement;
- Anti-collision elements, bird guards or markers for birdlife protection;
- Preventive measures plan with archaeological scope including archaeological monitoring before and during construction by an external approved consultant;
- Commitment to local employment.