The photovoltaic plant La Cabrita comprises around 120,372 solar modules across an area of 120 ha with a total installed capacity of approximately 50 MW.
Sustainability practices at La Cabrita project focus on biodiversity, landscape integration, social aspects and archaeological and cultural heritage.
Measures within our sustainability framework of the project include for example:
- Landscape integration plan including planting of a 2 km perimeter with native species;
- Anti-collision elements, bird guards or markers for birdlife protection;
- Archaeological control for prevention, correction and conservation, through the implementation of an Archaeological Project approved by the local authorities;
- Elaboration and execution of a Corrective Measures Plan and an Environmental Monitoring Programme;
- Organisation of a local training day for pupils focused on photovoltaic energy and employment opportunities of renewable energies;
- Support to the restoration of Tabernas Castle declared as an Asset of Cultural Interest.